Friday, November 13, 2009

Was this a mistake?

I struggled with one of my questions, and the struggle continues...

I wanted to have a question that would draw out opinions and attitudes towards provincial curriculum documents, without the question biasing the response. Essentially I was fishing for "beefs".
I settled on the following question:

"What do you believe is the main goal of the course as presented by Provincial Curriculum documents? "


I expected responses that would either make an attempt at answering the question at face value and perhaps a few "the goal of the ELA curriculum is make students hate reading novels”. I hoped to pull those quotes for use in Professional Development discussions as conversation starters.

I am getting several of the first kind of response, but in addition I am getting a healthy handful of " I don't understand the question.

Hmmmmm....
What would have been a more clear question I could have asked to achieve my goal?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lesley

    Going through the survey. I think we discussed your question in class in Nov. Testing looks like it was useful for you. Good results and some modification.

    ReplyDelete